Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Money wasted again...

Yesterday before my tuition class started, I paid a visit to CD shop again... (The buy 10 free 1 promotion one loh...) During that time the shopkeepers are watching dramas using their computer and something funny happened... The drama suddenly stopped (Probably a break) and showed a person saying, "Please support only original creations, let us fight against pirated copies... (And blah blah blah...)"... And then their reaction were, "We only support pirated CDs here lah..."

I browsed for a while and finally decided to buy The Sims 2... Then I proceeded to the counter to make my payment... It's a 4 cd game so I'll have to pay RM20... After I paid the amount (And get 4 stamps as well), suddenly something came across my mind - Silent Hill... I asked them whether they had that game or not (For old versions)... They had only the 2nd episode in their stock... Well, I bought it altogether... And it's another 3 cd game priced RM15... And unexpectedly, the girl at the counter asked me whether I wanted to add 3 more stamps or get a CD free (As a result of buying more than 5 cds)... Of course I took the smart choice of getting a CD free... Hmm... Another promotion was going on at the same time it seems.... Encouraging people some more huh??? Anyway, I chose the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary as a free gift... But what happened to my stamping card? Well, she voided the old card and issued a new card to me (With only one stamp)...

Anyway, I've read some description for Silent Hill 4: The Room and found that this time it has had spiritual enemy in the game liao (Ghosts lah...)... And it can suddenly appear from the wall and attacks you... Walau, nightmare leh...

Time to test out my CDs after my tuition... First I tried out the Silent Hill 2 (Although I haven't complete my Silent Hill 1)... As a result of PC version, it looked much better than the PS version... However, it's still very foggy lah... And the monster??? Something like naked (Again??) and headless zombie stagger around for you to pound on... The story has no or little relation with its predecessor so I guess it shouldn't do any harm for me to try this first... Oh maybe it will... Afraid of heart attack after seeing those revolting scenes... Still thinking of some ways to brave the game... Oh I can't.... I must kill anything in my sight to continue my game... But the problem is... the monsters will reappears randomly after you left the place... Sigh... Not suitable for survival horror game too... Oh yes, I can say that this game is more scarier than RE because of the stupid fog...



And for the dictionary??? Quite good... Just to substitute the absence of Macmillan...

Now for The Sims 2... The installation process is quite intersting... It lets you play a game of memorising (You shall now the game if you had played the game - Memory in ASTRO) together with some trivia about The Sims... Time to run the game... At first, it looks nice but suddenly it locks up... Nevermind... Perhaps a reboot can solve the problem... Then I restarted my computer... Once more time... And I play for a few minutes... WTF??? It locks up again... S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reboot and reboot and reboot the computer and run and run and run the stupid game.... Still freezes randomly... Sigh... Money wasted liao.... I'm not that sure what's going wrong but I'm sure I'll the figure of fun by my brother when he knows it... Sigh...

And now, I can only stick to Makin' Magic...

So I decided to make a deal with Squall... He will be getting the latest driver for my graphics card while I'll be lending him my Sims 2 together with Silent Hill 2... Computer ah computer.... I spent so much money on you and you... you... you... F***!!!

Sorry... A bit emotional today... (Or is it everyday??? :P)