Sunday, January 02, 2005

Generals are craze

You know what's crazy? I experienced it yesterday... I finally decided to play Generals at cyber with Vince and his gang... And was totally shocked when seeing their gameplay... I'm even more stupefied when I came to know that they are playing a new Generals mod (Which is an unofficial expansion) using those crazy-looking units...

It's no more China to do the work of overwhelming others with their war machines... It's Vince's USA's Helicopter General swarming other people's base with his King Comanches (I guess it's the name gua...)... Air defenses will be useless towards these maniacs... Only a large group of laser turrets or gattling cannons can stop them... Sigh... Never seen this kind of thing before... There's even more, the general can now ambush other's base with their Comanche (They appear suddenly in the base...) If you dare to march a big group of tanks (Not to say those insect-like infantry) into his base, prepare to say good bye to your tanks... WTH...

One interesting unit in China is the rocket-raining tank.... It carries a big pack of rocket at its back and shoot it upwards and let the rocket rains... Magnificent... And the GLA... Completely "matchless"... You can get ready to surrender if you play as them... And that makes me feel that the mod is totally imbalanced... And don't know why they love to play it... In fact, XL also claims that he forgets how to play Zero Hour liao... Sigh... I have a same experience with my Red Alert 2 too... I bought a mod named "Chrono Storm" and the modification made is really crazy... Don't quite like these kind of expansions...

Oh ya, one thing I forgot to mention is - they need to start the game with lots of money ($75000) which means they can start building their armies in large group as soon as possible... I am also surprised with Siow Siong's large herd of Quad Cannons roaming around the map here and there (And them being bombard by my extra-long-HP B3 bomber... That's why I say it's not a fair game...)... Some thing I cannot understand is - isn't that Aurora Bomber seems to be immune to air defenses before it delivers its payload? But how come my Aurora still get shot down before I turn Vince's Particle Cannon into land?? Sigh... As a result, I decided to use 8 Bombers to do the job and wasting $20000 after lowering it into ground... What a price...

Should I say I wasted my RM9??? Maybe cause I just pay for losing, or maybe not because I get thrilled because of it... And it also changes my perspective in playing war game - strategy is not that emphasised but quantity does matter... How sad... I used to learn strategy in campaign... But it's totally useless liao... Hehehe...

Should I say Vince and yuen is the undefeatable alliance in Generals? (Definitely)... Or should I say I'm not suitable for playing Generals.... (Probably)

We played from 10am till 3pm... And only had lunch after that... And after I went home, my mother instantly pull me out of the house to The Mall to buy new shirts for CNY... Urgh... I'm so tired and still... Sigh... She is even more "excited" than me to get new shirts... And after that I bought my HP VCD there...

Totally exhausted after I went home but the time for the gathering is drawing near... Nap for a while and then went to the gathering... And then this gathering, my family has drove three cars (All of them are dark green Tiara... Hope that other people does not think that we are doing Tiara exhibition...) because my elder brother wants to go back to UM after that gathering and we have to carry the dishes for the gathering...

Looks like the adults are having fun but not the kids (We are kids...)... My cousin sister's boy friend isn't that legendary-handsome... (A bit "muscular" as well) And doesn't speak Chinese as well... He doesn't talk with us (Kids...) and we all say that he is very "chuan" after my cousin and he leaves early... Oh well, I personally think that one of my cousin brother is far more handsome than him (Hehehe...)... He is thin and tall (The same height as me... Whoa!!) and he is only Form 3 this year... Sigh... I'm not the tallest liao...

I can clearly see that there's two "tribes" during that gathering and each "tribe" doesn't talk with each other during the gathering... One of the tribe is us which is related with my cousin sister (The main focus for this gathering) by my uncle (The one from Australia)... Another "tribe" is related by my auntie My uncle's wife lah...)... And when the other "tribe" leaves, one of them yell loudly "See you next year!!!" and I think that she really means to only "see" us next year...

And my eldest brother, he seem to be a focus for many people... of being a doctor... And my mother still stated that she wants me to take Biology in that gathering... Grr..... She even asked one of my uncle (Who's a Cambridge graduate.... I guess in Physics) to convince me to involve in medical field... However, that uncle (Who looks like a teacher teaching in Kasturi - neh... the one gives us Physics seminar one....) says that being an educator is also quite good... But learning Bio will provide more roads in the future...

Sigh... The first day in 2005...... Got past so quickly... And yeah, nooooooooooooooooo doctor!!!!