Felt so sorry to abandon this blog, but life's too busy over here, can't be helped...
Watching my desktop having the draft for the last post, dated 8th August last year, where my 1st year theory exams have just finished, and now, I'm in the middle of 2nd year, counting the days for 2nd year finals...
2nd year is busier than 1st year, I didn't really expect it to be this busy, really, because I've thought 1st year is busy enough already... Basically there's classes everyday except Sundays, and that particular day passes quickly like nothing and before we realise it, it's Monday again...
Maybe it's my problem in time management, but the truth is: I'm not that kind of nerd (as most of you know) and I'm not having time to do my own things... Everyday we're pressured with current assignments and upcoming tests (big and small), and even the practical works in dental college became more difficult because the lecturer in charge (ya the Vidya bitch) has become even bitchier...
Many things happened since the last post, I've been back to Malaysia twice in this period, which was eventful and I don't know how to pour it out in words, thus I can only keep it inside my own memory...
Let's talk about the subjects in my second year... Again it's similar to last year, we've medical college subjects (Microbiology, Pathology and Pharmacology) and dental college sujects (Preclinical Prosthodontics, Preclinical Conservative Dentistry, Oral Biology = Anatomy, Histology as well as Tooth morphology)... Fortunately we don't have rubbish subject this year (last year it was Environmental Studies), but anyway it doesn't really matter because this year's subjects are hellish enough already...
Microbiology, a subject deals with microorganisms, where you'll have to remember names like Corynbacterium diphtheriae or Clostridium perfringens or maybe a more famous one Mycobacterium tuberculosis, some even are not microorganisms and I don't know why they are in the subject, e.g. round worm - Ascaris lumbricoides. Mainly in this subject, we have to study how they look like and how they produce diseases and finally how to diagnose and treat them...
Pathology is just the abnormal part of physiology (the study of how body functions), i.e. how body dysfunction, LOL. First we start of with cell injury and their abnormal conditions especially tissue death, then we enter inflammation, tumours, infectious disease (something to do with microbiology), vascular diseases etc. etc. etc.
Pharmacology is the study of drugs, which you'll come across names not limited to Paracetamol and Penicillin, but also many other cute names like Bethanecol, Ipratropium, Atropine, Digitoxin, Pancuronium, Succinyl choline, Salbutamol, Theophylline, Zafirlukast, etc. etc. Which as you can expect, is CRAZZZYYYYYY...
Then prosthodontics we'll have learn how to make dentures. And conservative dentistry we'll have to learn how to do fillings to conserve a tooth.
And finally, as a continuation of anatomy last year, we'll have oral biology. We've started carving teeth on wax block this year, I shall post the picture of the full teeth set I carved when they are ready...
I guess that's it for this time... I hope I'll have the mood to blog again soon...
And also some announcements:
1) I'll be going back to Malaysia this coming May
2) DOTA is in my life now, LOL.

|